Anritsu Microwave Site Master S820E Handheld Cable & Antenna Analyzer 1MHZ to 8/14/20/30/40GHz
The Microwave Site Master S820E family with frequency options covering 1 MHz to 8, 14, 20, 30, and 40 GHz, is the world’s most advanced Site Master ever developed. Utilizing the same advanced sampler technology used in our premium Vector Star VNA models, the S820E delivers benchtop microwave performance in a compact handheld package.
No other handheld microwave cable & antenna analyzer available today can match the dynamic range performance of the S820E models. With 110 dB of dynamic range up to 40 GHz, the S820E even surpasses the performance of older generation benchtop VNA’s. Modern connectivity options (USB, Ethernet) are standard as well as full remote control capability.
The S820E replaces the former S810D/S820D microwave cable & antenna analyzers, and provides all of the capabilities of those models plus more. The S820E also includes “Classic Mode” which allows former users of the S8X0D series to become immediately productive with a minimal additional effort.
A built-in help menu provides easy access to help and also includes the full instrument user guide.
Standard 1-port measurement capabilities include:
- Return Loss
- Cable Loss
- Smith Chart
- Distance-to-fault Return Loss
- Distance-to-fault VSWR
- Hi-Accuracy RF Power (USB Sensor required)
Standard 2-port measurement capabilities include:
- 2-port Transmission Measurement
- 2-port Transmission Measurement (Ext. Sensor required)
- 2-port Swept Cable Loss (Ext. Sensor required)
Transmission and 2-port swept cable loss measurements using an external USB sensor allow users to accurately measure loss in long cables and waveguide assemblies where each end of the assembly is far away from each other. Sensors may be extended up to to 85m (278 ft) using the Anritsu USB Extender (2000-1717-R) and a suitable length of UTP Cat 6 cable. Anritsu offers a 22.5m Cat 5e cable (2100-28-R) to satisfy most application requirements.
Patented RF interference rejection enables accurate measurements in the presence of high RF activity. Both coaxial and waveguide measurement types are supported.
Designed from the ground up to provide cutting edge performance, the architecture internally is a 4 receiver fully reversing 2-port vector network analyzer. This architecture allows for future upgrade options which will further extend the instrument’s powerful capabilities, future-proofing your investment for many years to come.
Line Sweep Tools (LST) is a free data analysis software utility that enables assessment of system trends, problems, and performance in addition to professional report generation.
- S820E frequency range: 1 MHz to 8, 14, 20, 30, or 40 GHz
- 110 dB of dynamic range from 20 MHz to 40 GHz
- 650 μs/data point for fast field measurements
- Advanced and Classic Mode GUI (i.e. S810D/S820D)
- Coaxial and waveguide measurement supported
- 1-port measurements: Return Loss, VSWR, Cable Loss, Distance-To-Fault, Smith Chart, 1-port phase
- 2-port measurements: Transmission Measurement and Swept Cable Loss
- High Accuracy Power Meter measurements with external power sensors
- USB/Ethernet connectivity, full remote control capability
- Intuitive menu-driven 8.4 inch touchscreen with daylight/nighttime viewable modes
- Field-proven design: Explosive Atmosphere MIL-PRF-28800F Section 188.8.131.52 compliant
- Standard three-year warranty (battery one-year warranty)
- Optional 2-port VNA and Vector Voltmeter measurements (available later in 2014 by software upgrade)
Communications Systems Applications
- Microwave antennas
- Coaxial cables and waveguide
- RF and microwave components
- Defense and Aerospace
- Cellular Networks
- Public Safety
- Satellite Networks
- Private Networks (e.g. utility, railroads)